Thanks to all of you who turned out yesterday at the Foggy Bottom/West End Neighborhood Block Party! We had a ton of fun playing our menu game with everyone, and we gathered over 45 signatures in support of the DC MEAL Act.
If you weren't able to make it, don't worry, our petition is also online. Visit http://www.petitiononline.com/DVMC/petition-sign.html to pledge your support, and send an e-mail to your council member to make sure that they know about your support for the bill. Don't know who your council member is? You can find out online at http://www.dccouncil.washington.dc.us/findmycouncilmember , or just send an e-mail to one of the at-large members. Every e-mail and signature counts!
Not sure what to say? Check out our sample letter at http://www.dcvoicesformealchoices.org/howtogetinvolved.
We look forward to seeing you at our next event. In the meantime be sure to join our group on Facebook for regular updates on our efforts!
DC Council Members:
- Vincent Gray, Chairman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Catania, At-large, email@example.com
- Kwame Brown, At-large, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phil Mendelson, At-large, email@example.com
- Michael Brown, At-large, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Graham, Ward 1, email@example.com
- Jack Evans, Ward 2,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Cheh, Ward 3, email@example.com
- Muriel Bowser, Ward 4, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harry Thomas Jr., Ward 5, email@example.com
- Tommy Wells, Ward 6, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yvette Alexander, Ward 7, email@example.com
- Marion Barry, Ward 8, firstname.lastname@example.org